Crock Pot Pizza Casserole is an incredibly delicious meal for the entire family to enjoy! It is really easy to make, kid friendly, and perfect for busy days!
Servings: 5 servings
- 8 ounce box of short pasta rigatoni, penne or ziti
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 8 ounce package of sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 42 ounces of pizza sauce Three 14-ounce jars
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente, but not quite, about 6 or 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta boils, cook the Italian sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Layer the pepperoni slices between a couple paper towels. Place the towels on a plate and microwave for 15 seconds to help remove the excess grease from the pepperoni.
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta, Italian sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, onion, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Coat the inside of a 5-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Layer the pasta in the slow cooker, alternating layers with the shredded mozzarella cheese. There should be three layers, ending with the cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve warm with garlic bread and a salad.
If this recipe is cooked longer than 4 hours or on HIGH it may burn. Three hours worked perfectly for me.
Calories: 1159kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 78g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 3312mg | Potassium: 1463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1660IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 551mg | Iron: 6.4mg