Keto Chicken Caesar Salad Tacos. Because they only contain one ingredient: Parmesan, Parmesan taco shells are my favorite to make! Into a keto-friendly taco shell, here’s how I transform one of my favorite types of cheese.
How to Make Parmesan Keto Taco Shells
- Prepare your baking sheet and oven. To 400 degrees F, preheat the oven and with parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Portion your cheese piles. Allot about ⅓ cup of cheese in small piles spaced about TWO inches apart on the baking sheet for each taco shell. It will spread(hence the spaces in between).
- Bake. Until the cheese has melted and browned, bake for FIVE to SEVEN minutes.
- Let cool. Let it cool, otherwise when you lift it up with your spatula, it will not hold its shape.
- Mold the taco shell. Between two cups, position your favorite spatula and drape the Parmesan sheet over it so that in the shape of a taco shell, it folds over.
How to Make Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Of course, without a delicious, homemade dressing, any salad wouldn’t be complete. I like it smooth and creamy for my Caesar salad dressing, and this is how I make it:
- In a jar, put all the ingredients.
- Blend with an immersion blender. Because it helps mix the water-based and oil-based ingredients together, my secret to any salad dressing is my immersion blender.
- Refrigerate. With chilled salad dressing, some salads are better.
- Now that all that’s left to do is compose the tacos, you have all the components ready!
- Measure out your dressing, lettuce and chicken.
- Toss. Take half your dressing and until everything is lightly coated, toss your chicken and lettuce in it.
- Fill the taco shells. About ¾ of the way, fill the taco shells and drizzle with the remaining salad dressing.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Of course, without bacon on top, Caesar salad wouldn’t be complete!
For the salad:
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce/iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ONE tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 filets of anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the tacos:
- 1 ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Put all the ingredients in a large jar to make the dressing.
- Until it gets smooth, blend using an immersion blender.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F to make the shells.
- With silicone mat/parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- On the prepared baking sheet, place 1/3 cup piles of cheese TWO inches apart.
- Until the cheese melts and turns lightly brown, bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
- For 2-3 minutes, let the cheese cool then lift it up using the spatula and place it over the handle of a tong/other utensils(that is balanced on two cups).
- Add the chicken in a bowl, lettuce and half of dressing.
- Toss to coat.
- With salad, fill the taco shells.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1