This Keto Mushroom Pasta recipe boasts a creamy garlic infused sauce with chunks of mushrooms and notes of thyme. Sautéed sliced garlic adds crunch and additional garlic goodness. We created this keto-friendly pasta recipe with hearts of palm pasta. Using this pasta keeps the recipe low carb, gluten-free, and diabetic-friendly.
- 9 ounces hearts of palm pasta linguini shaped (other cooked low carb pasta may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled, one sliced, one crushed
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 ounces red onion diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh thyme (optional–for garnish)
Place palm pasta in a colander, rinse with cool water and allow to drain. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat. When hot, add sliced garlic. Cook, while stirring, until slightly brown. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon or spatula. Set aside.
Add mushrooms and red onion to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until edges are brown and vegetables are tender.
Stir in the dried thyme, red pepper flakes, and crushed clove of garlic. Cook until fragrant, about one minute.
Add the white wine vinegar to the pan. Cook, scraping up browned bits, until vinegar consistency becomes slightly syrupy. Stir in heavy whipping cream and cheese. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
Stir in noodles and simmer a few minutes to heat through. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. (I used about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.) Stir in fresh parsey leaves.
Serve pasta with browned garlic and fresh thyme leaves sprinkled on top.