This would be perfect as an after-dinner treat or if you have family around and want to do a desert Slimming World style, but the chances are no one will even know its low fat/diet food. I also topped it with some further quark with sweetener so it was like having cream on the top.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
- 3 tbsp sweetener (level not heaped)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g tub of quark
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup Raspberries (or any other Syn free fruit)
- Separate the 4 eggs into two bowls, yolks and whites.
- Add ½ tub of quark, sweetener, vanilla essence & baking powder to the yolks.Wisk into a creamy consistency and put to one side.
- Take the egg whites and wisk until stiff.Add half of the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and stir in gently.Then fold the other half of the eggs whites into the mixture.
- Take an oven tray, line line with grease proof paper and spray with fry light.Ensure you use plenty of fry light to avoid the cake sticking to the paper.Pour the mixture on the tray/paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown 180c (it doesn’t take very long to bake.Whilst warm peel the paper from the cake (gently) and then lay cake out to cool.
- I used a big knife underneath the paper to gently remove the cake from paper.While cooling take the remainder of the quark and add sweetener to taste.
- Spread the quark onto the cake (now cool) and add fruit you are using.I used raspberries and added them evenly across the cake and squished them.
- Then gently roll the cake up into a roll (like a swiss roll).Cut into 4-6 pieces – or eat the whole cake yourself for ½ a Syn
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150 Calories From Fat 50 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 270mg Potassium: 125mg Total Carbohydrates: 19g Dietary Fiber: 3g12 Sugar: 16g Protein: 7g Calcium:10