Follow our foolproof tips for making the BEST Air Fryer Chips, along with some suggestions so you can have different flavoured chips every time.
Servings: 2 people
- 500 g Potato
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 0.5 tbsp Garlic granules
Chop the potatoes into thin fries, leaving the skin on.
Put the chips into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Mix around and leave to stand for a few minutes.
Put onto a clean towel and pat dry.
Transfer the chips to a large bowl. Add the oil, salt, pepper and garlic and mix well.
Find any chips with skin along the length and put a layer of these chips, skin side down, at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Put the next layer of chips at right angles to the first layer, ensuring there is space between the chips. Continue building up the layers in alternate directions.
Carefully put the basket into the air fryer. Cook the chips for 18 minutes at 200°C. Shake the chips after 10 minutes and then shake a few more times before the time is up.
- Please note that this recipe is made using a Power Air Fryer XL. Using a different model of air fryer will change the cooking method needed. If you have a rotating air fryer, then there is no need to stack them or shake them.
- If you want to change the amount this makes, we recommend a ratio of 1 tablespoon of oil to every medium sized potato.
- Make sure that the chips are all cut to the same size so you get evenly cooked air fryer chips. If you want to get a little fancy, why not use a crinkle cutter.
- Always rinse/soak them before cooking them (making sure you pat them dry), as this removes the excess starch and makes for fluffier insides.
- Stacking the chips in the air fryer for the first part of cooking is key to ensuring that they cook evenly and also don’t get stuck to the bottom of the air fryer.
- Get creative with the seasoning. You can add a Mexican or Italian seasoning, or keep it simple like we have.
- For some extra indulgent chips, sprinkle some Parmesan on top a few minutes before they are fully cooked.
- Make sure to check your chips twice during cooking and shake them to ensure they are cooking evenly.
- Make sure your air fryer is preheated before the chips go in for best results.
- If you are making air fryer chunky chips, then add on about 4 minutes to the cooking time.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 1077mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg