This Chicken Lombardy is my ultimate comfort food! I’ve been a fan of this dish since I was little and now, allow me to share the recipe with you! Just follow these simple steps towards perfection. Enjoy
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces pkg sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- ½ c flour
- ½ c chicken broth
- ¼ c Marsala wine
- ⅓ c butter
- ½ tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ c shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts into two.
- Wrap each chicken piece with plastic wrap, then use a meat tenderizer to gently pound it to about ¼-inch thick.
- Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until soft. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate.
- Coat each chicken piece with flour.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter into the same skillet and allow it to melt.
- Add the chicken pieces in batches and cook each side until golden brown. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken. Make sure to add butter every time you add chicken as well.
- In the same skillet, pour in wine and broth. Stir until well blended and make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to season. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
- Add slurry and stir until well mixed.
- Remove the skillet from the stove.
- Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish. Make sure to leave a small space between each chicken.
- Pour the sauce over and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Place it inside the oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 225 degrees C or 450 degrees F until done. Remove from the oven.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 520mg | Potassium: 479mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 1.1mg