Love those Baby Lima Beans so much had to post another yummy soup recipe for you all. Isn’t it beautiful too? Serve it with some homemade cornbread or your favorite crackers and you’ll have a meal ready to go for the entire family. Original recipe was from the lima bean bag.
- Cook time: 3 Hr 30 Min
- Prep time: 15 Min
- Serves: 8 – 10 cups
CREAM OF LIMA BEAN SOUP
- 1 lb baby lima beans, rinsed & soaked overnight
- 1 sm green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 md onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 2 c chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 c water
- 2 tsp trader joe’s 21 seasoning salute -it’s a smooth blend of onion, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, savory, rosemary, cumin, mustard, coriander, garlic, carrot, orange peel, tomato, lemon oil
- 1 – 2 tsp salt
- ADD THE LAST 10 MINUTES OF COOKING
- 2 – 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 1/2 c cottage cheese, small curd
- CHEESY JALEPENO & RED PEPPER CORNBREAD
- 3 – 4 Tbsp jalapeno’s in oil, diced
- 2 – 3 Tbsp pimentos or roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 – 3/4 c extra sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/2 c buttermilk, (i used a little less)
- corn bread mix for 6 muffins
chopped parsley or fried onions
1. Saute your peppers & onions in a pan with butter for about 10 minutes or so.
2. Add your soaked beans, 2 cups chicken broth, seasonings and your sautéed peppers and onions to your crock pot or Ninja. Cook on low/medium heat for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Check your soup to see if beans are almost done. Cook longer if necessary.
3. Add your remaining ingredients of milk, cottage cheese and parsley. Cook till cheese is melted for about 15 – 20 minutes longer. While cheese is melting cook up your cornbread to serve with your soup.
4. Now you are ready to eat. —-Now, don’t forget to butter that cheesy/spicy cornbread. YUMMM