Cheesy cauliflower goodness that is the perfect low carb side for any holiday! Scalloped Cauliflower is meal-time perfection with its cheesy flavor and creamy texture that elevates this nutritious vegetable to new heights!
Yield : 5
Serving Size : 1/2 cup
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Milk- I used Cashew Milk because I always have it on hand
- 2 tbsp Butter + 1 tbsp to saute the mushrooms
- 1 cups Baby Portobella Mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small pan and add the mushrooms.
- Saute until they begin to soften, then add the smoked paprika and stir. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, cream cheese, and milk to a low simmer. Stir constantly until the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Add garlic powder and salt to the cream mixture along with three handfuls of shredded cheese (approx 1 cup) one handful at a time, stirring to allow the cheese to melt and sauce to cream. *You should have a fist full of cheese left over to top your cauliflower later.
- In a large casserole dish (or two small like I used) layer the sliced cauliflower evenly.
- Sprinkle with the sauteed mushrooms, then pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower evenly and tap gently to allow settling.
- Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or broil until cheese is brown and melty.
| Calories: 289cal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 24g | Net Carbohydrates: 5g |