Making a keto chicken pizza is very straightforward, because all the ingredients are naturally low carb. No need for any special ingredients or low carb flours.
- 4x small chicken breasts, flattened
- 100g of mozzarella, grated (2xHEa’s)
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of passata (crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp of onion powder
- 3/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley
- optional: 1/2 tbs of sweetener (like sukrin: 1) if you prefer a sweeter pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f
- In a bowl combine the passata, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, basil and oregano and set aside.
- Season one side of the flattened chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray, one hot, add the flattened chicken breasts (2 at a time if needed – don’t overcrowd pan if not big enough), seasoned side down.
- Season over the top with salt and black pepper, and spray the top with cooking oil spray.
- After 2-3 mins, flip the chicken over, should be nice and golden and repeat with the other side.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the pizza sauce, and grated mozzarella.
- Bake till cheese is melted and chicken cooked through (but still tender (approx 10-12 mins).
- If you want the cheese more golden, you can finish off under the grill for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with your choice of sides
| Calories 298 | Total Fat 7.5 g| Total Carbohydrates 8.4 g | Cholesterol 19 mg |